THE CAMPAIGN CONCEPT
The desire of modern travellers to discover the real character of a destination and the demand for new experiences were the point of departure for Marketing Greece’s new digital campaign Wanderlust Greece.
Wanderlust Greece is a “Broadcasting Live” campaign, hosted on Discovergreece.com’s social media channels, rolling out across different destinations in Greece, right the way through the year.
The campaign takes the form of a digital travel show (the first of its kind in Greece) and focuses on communicating everyday experiences in an authentic and engaging language to an audience united by wanderlust – the innate love of travelling.
Its goal is to put the viewer at the heart of the experience, inspiring them to share their love of Greece in a similar way.
Ultimately, the campaign aims to cover all destinations in Greece.
STRATEGY AND IMPLEMENTAION
The goal of Wanderlust Greece is to promote the Greek tourism product through the authentic experiences that Greece offers its visitors.
In a human and personalised way, the campaign aims to influence key quality indicators of the tourism market, such as increasing the average spend per tourist and the average stay of each visitor.
The first digital travel show in Greece, Wanderlust Greece is “broadcast live” in English on the social media platforms of Discovergreece.com, by guest presenters who are digital influencers with an engaged community of their own or popular presenters renowned for their “authentic” voices within Greece.
After being announced on Discover Greece, the guest presenters take over the social media channels of Discovergreece.com and follow a detail and strategically focused itinerary, designed to bring each destination to life through experiences that reveal their unique full character. Wherever possible, the presenters are encouraged to interact with locals to build authenticity.
Each destination essentially becomes a separate series, broken into Facebook Live episodes, with supporting posts published across all the Discover Greece social media channels before, during and after each series.
The content is also spread on the presenter’s personal social media accounts, broadening the campaign’s digital footprint around the hashtag #WanderlustGR and inviting the public to participate in the promotion of each destination.
- Campaign website
- Landing page with main visual, story, call to action and promotion space for the sponsor
- Interactive map showing presenter’s route
- Travel show gallery (Videos, Photos, 360º content)
- Destination media kit for users interested in learning more about the destination
- Social media campaign
- Special promotional plan for live and engaging content on Discover Greece social media community, which has passed 1.160.000 members (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube)
- Seasonal videos
- Creation of promotional videos for each destination, using the latest videography techniques and aesthetics
- Digital media plan
- A digital promotion plan with Instagram and Facebook Ads, following a Media Plan for each destination