Marketing Greece is an innovative and financially independent not-for-profit tourism marketing organisation founded in 2013 that acts as the representative of the Greek Tourism Industry and aims to effectively showcase the Greek Tourism Product. Its purpose is to help sustain a vibrant and profitable tourism industry by cultivating a collaborative spirit, and thus supporting the seamless cooperation of the private sector, public sector, government and local authorities.
To deliver on our vision, we need people with strong teamwork skills who care passionately about our success. Team up with Marketing Greece and seize an exciting opportunity to become a valuable member of the International PR team!
Position: PR & Communications Executive
Summary of main duties:
The PR & Communications Executive is expected to be an active member of the Marketing Greece team, supporting the PR & Communications Managers to achieve the International Public Relations department’s communication goals.
The PR Executive will be responsible for assisting Marketing Greece’s International Public Relations needs, according to the principal duties outlined below:
- Developing relationships with tourism stakeholders and partners with a view to collaborating on and supporting media/blogger experiences
- Researching and identifying thematic experiences and events in various destinations around Greece
- Managing the reporting needs of the International Public Relations department and supporting other management needs of the department
- Drafting the itineraries for media/blogger visits
- Assisting in the evaluation of and response to incoming media/blogger requests
- Assisting in the development of the PR department’s yearly planning, according to Marketing Greece’s Annual Marketing Plan
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications and/or Marketing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant environment, working with media and/or tourism-related clients
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience working in a PR agency will be considered an asset
- Opportunity to develop in a thriving sector that is vital to Greece’s economy
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic working environment, with a talented and highly motivated team
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 December.